Newspack’s Reader Revenue allows you to easily accept donations on your Newspack site.
If you haven’t already, first navigate to Dashboard > Newspack > Reader Revenue, and select your Reader Revenue platform — Newspack or News Revenue Hub“
Depending on which you pick, follow the steps below for Newspack or News Revenue Hub to finish setting up Reader Revenue.
Setting up Reader Revenue with Newspack
If you pick Newspack, you will be using WooCommerce to process payments on your site. First, you’ll be prompted to install and activate the required plugins:
Note: WooCommerce Name Your Price and WooCommerce Subscriptions are premium plugins; they are included for paid Newspack customers.
Once the plugins are installed, work through the tabs at the top to complete these steps:
- Install or select a payment gateway by clicking the Stripe tab. There you will have the option to enable Stripe, a payment gateway, or select another under the WooCommerce payment gateway settings. Stripe is generally recommended, if it is supported in your country:
If enabled, Stripe will then ask you for API keys, which can be found in your Stripe account by following these steps.
- In the Address tab, enter your address:
- If using Salesforce, create a Connected App in your Salesforce dashboard. Once created, enter the Consumer Key and Secret for the app in the Reader Revenue Salesforce tab to connect your Newspack site to your Salesforce instance. For more detailed information on connecting to Salesforce, please refer to this page.
- Lastly, you can set the default settings for your Donations block, and click Edit Page to edit and publish the donations landing page created by Newspack. You can learn more about configuring the donate block here.
Setting up Reader Revenue with News Revenue Hub
If you pick News Revenue Hub, click on the “Settings” tab to enter your Organization and Salesforce Campaign ID, and click Update.
Once connected, donations from your Newspack site will be processed through News Revenue Hub’s checkout page.
- Getting started
- Setting up Reader Revenue with Newspack
- Setting up Reader Revenue with News Revenue Hub
Reader Revenue Table of Contents