The Newspack Plugin brings together a collection of custom plugins and themes developed by the Newspack team.
We also maintain a list of approved third-party plugins that can be used by any Newspack site. If any publisher wants to use a plugin that doesn’t yet appear on this list, we have a review process to ensure the plugin is secure, performant, and reliable. If the plugin is not being maintained and you see a notice indicating that “This plugin hasn’t been tested with the latest X major releases of WordPress” on the WordPress.org plugin page, we will not review or approve.
To submit a plugin for review, please use this form.
These are the plugins written and maintained by the Newspack team.
- Newspack Plugin – Installs the Newspack themes, the required plugins and some of the recommended plugins automatically. Offers basic configuration options for your Newspack site in one dashboard.
- Newspack Ads – Helps connect your Newspack site to various ad providers.
- Newspack Blocks – A collection of custom Gutenberg blocks, designed for building news sites, as well as some extensions to existing Gutenberg blocks.
- Newspack Campaigns – Allows you to create inline and overlay notifications on your Newspack site.
- Newspack Image Credits – Allows you to add image credit information to images, to display with their captions.
- Newspack Listings – Adds the ability to build listings and directories.
- Newspack Media Partners – Lets you add media partners and their logos to posts; intended for posts published in conjunction with other outlets.
- Newspack Newsletters – Allows you to connect an email service provider (ESP) to your Newspack site and create, edit, and send newsletters directly from Newspack.
- Newspack Sponsors – Allows special visual treatment for sponsored and underwritten content. Create sponsors, edit sponsor info, and associate sponsors with posts, categories and tags.
- Newspack Supporters – Manage and display your site’s supporters.