Newspack Campaigns includes some site-wide settings to help avoid targeting readers who have already subscribed or donated, and to reduce load when your site is experiencing high traffic events.
To access plugin settings:
- Navigate to Dashboard > Newspack > Campaigns, and click on the Settings tab:
- Make changes as needed. Your choices are saved automatically. The following settings are available:
- Suppress Newsletter prompts if visitor is coming from email. Newsletter prompts are defined as prompts that contain a Mailchimp newsletter signup block.
- Suppress all Newsletter prompts if at least one Newsletter prompt was permanently dismissed.
- Suppress all donation prompts if the reader has donated.
- Enable non-interactive mode. This turns off calls to the Campaigns API, lessening the load on your server for high traffic events on your website. Overlay prompts will not be displayed when this is enabled, and inline prompts can’t be dismissed.
- Donor landing page: This lets you choose any page on your site to serve as a donation landing page. Any reader who views this page will be considered a donor for segmentation purposes.