Newspack’s Ad Block can be used to manually place ads from Google Ad Manager inside the content of posts and pages.
Using the Newspack Ad Block
Before using the Newspack Ad Block, you will need to set up Google Ad Manager as an ad provider on your site, and create at least one Ad Unit.
Once that’s complete, you can add a Newspack Ad Block by following these steps:
- Edit the post or page where you would like to add the block.
- Open the Gutenberg block selector and search for ‘Ad’, or scroll down to the Newspack section of the dropdown and pick Ad Unit:
- Once the block is placed, you will be able to pick your specific Google Ad Manager Ad Unit:
- Once selected, a placeholder will be displayed in your editor content for your ad.
- Once you are finished editing the post or page, click Update or Publish to save your changes.
Block Table of Contents
- Homepage Posts Block
- Post Carousel Block
- Donate Block
- Ads Block
- Author Profile Block
- YouTube Video Playlist Block
- Iframe Block
- Block Styles
- Newspack Block Patterns
Advertising Table of Contents