A Google AdSense account is required to sign up for a Google Ad Manager account, even if you plan to only serve direct-sold ads on your site. Please follow these steps to sign up and get approved for a Google AdSense account.
If you already have an active AdSense account, you can jump to Ad Manager Sign-up section.
- To sign up for AdSense, click the “Get Started” button on this page.
- Log into Google using a Google-affiliated email address. This must be a Google-affiliated address.
- Complete the information for your site URL and country. Accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Click “Start using AdSense”.
- On the next screen, click the “Enter Information” on the “Payments” box and enter the appropriate information for your publication. Reminder, even if you don’t plan to actually serve AdSense ads on your site, this is still a required step for Google to verify your business.
- No other steps within the AdSense dashboard are needed. Now, go to your WordPress dashboard of your website and navigate to Google Site Kit.
- Click “Settings” and choose “Connect More Services”.
- Choose “Set up AdSense”. Leave the toggle activated and click “Continue”. This places the required code on your site in order for Google to approve your domain. The approval process takes anywhere from 24 hours to two weeks.
Ad Manager Sign-up
Once approved for AdSense, you are eligible to sign up for a Google Ad Manager account. Start on the Ad Manager contact page and make the following selections:
- “Web or video publisher”, then click Continue
- 0-1 Million pageviews
- Select second and/or third feature option (“A platform to manage your direct deals” and/or “A platform to manage third party network competition”)
- “Yes” to having an existing AdSense account
- “News & Publishing” as the industry
- Select your region and click “Save & Continue”
- Click “Sign up for Ad Manager”
- Sign in using the same email address affiliated with your AdSense account
Advertising Table of Contents