- Improved the WooCommerce checkout experience. The checkout process for donations can now be completed entirely in a modal window instead of redirecting donors to multiple separate pages, which should help reduce donation friction. Note that this feature is currently experimental, but will roll out to all Newspack sites in the near future.
- Added a new option to Newspack > Reader Revenue > Donations that lets you choose which fields to require in the WooCommerce checkout process. Note that this feature is currently experimental, but will roll out to all Newspack sites in the near future.
- Added a new safeguard to prevent the static homepage from being accidentally unpublished.
- Improved performance settings for Perfmatters configuration.
- Fixed a bug that prevented text formatting HTML in custom post excerpts from rendering properly in Homepage Posts blocks.
- Fixed a bug that caused the wrong author link to be rendered for guest authors who have the same display name as a WP user.
- Improved styling for the Jetpack Top Posts widget.
- Improved styling for nested Wide and Full Width blocks.
- Added support for creating custom lists in the WP admin. These custom lists are synced to Groups (in Mailchimp) or Tags (in other ESPs) and allow more fine-tuned control over who receives which newsletters.
- Added a new option in Newspack > Campaigns > Settings to allow overlay prompts to be dismissed by tapping the overlay background.
- Improved GA4 event tracking for Campaigns custom events.
- Improved error handling for sites that have incompatible plugins active which may cause connectivity issues with GAM.
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Hide the Republication sharing widget on this post?” setting to appear intermittently in the editor, and its saved setting to be unreliable.